As you might have noticed from my last post, I’m working in a new kitchen these days. That’s right, Leigha and I just took a big step into adulthood and bought our first house! And with everything going on in the world these days, I think any bit of good news is a reason to raise a glass to celebrate. And in our house, the go-to drink is this amaretto sour – a delightfully refreshing mix of sweet liquor and tangy citrus, with a little creamy twist.
This recipe makes enough for 6 drinks. You can also leave out the egg white for a more traditional drink, but I think the foamy texture it creates makes for a really unique experience.
- Juice the limes, lemons, and oranges. Combine the juices.
- Combine 1/3 cup juice and 1/3 cup amaretto in chilled cocktail shaker. Place 1 egg white in shaker as well.
- Shake for 1 minute until whites are frothy.
- Add ice and shake vigorously until completely chilled, about 3 minutes. (Make sure to give a couple test shakes over the sink to prevent major spills!)
- Strain and pour into glass. If there is too much foam on the top of the glass, drop in two small ice cubes to help foam condense.